Re: Getting started ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 00:48:24 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Mor Sagmon wrote:

(reminding everyone this is a Windows installation being discussed)

> I've downloaded the package, unzipped it, looked in the installation
> document and realized I need to run a file named MINGW32.BAT.

I don't think you have to do that.

> I couldn't find that file anywhere. Where is it ?

Good question. BTW, where does it say you need that file?

The 'nossl' zip file contains only an executable and text files. You may put
the executable file whereever you please. The curl-ssl package differs only
very slightly, and that is the depedence on the OpenSSL dlls. You get the
dlls elsewhere and install them in a suitable place. (The openssl dlls are
usually found from the curl download page as well.)

I'd need more help from windows users to be more specific.

> Am I supposed to put some cURL files in specific places on my server ?

No. Its all up to you to decide.

> What do I need to do for my IIS Web Server to support cURL ?

Curl is a client, it acts like a regular web browser. If you can browse your
IIS server, you can fetch pages from it using curl.