Re: file upload

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:10:25 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Golestan Radwan wrote:

> I'm writing an ftp upload utility and tried both curl and libcurl but
> neither of them seem to work. for curl, I'm using: curl -T uploadfilePath
> -u user:password -P ftp ftp.machine.domain but it just displays a DOS
> window which disappears before I can read what's in it and when I check
> the ftp directory there's nothing uploaded!

Open a DOS prompt window first, then it won't "go away". Enter your command
line, use the -v switch.

Show us both your command line and all output curl displays. (edit out any
passwords). Please state what version of curl you're using as well!

> but I keep getting an error: Can't connect to server: 13

The curl manual describes this:

     13 FTP weird PASV reply, Curl couldn't parse the reply
          sent to the PASV request.

... the may be a bug in curl, or a very weird FTP server. What FTP server
software are you communicating with?