Re: Curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 07:59:09 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Boor, Pat wrote:

(CC'ed to the curl mailing list)

> Thank you for taking the time to answer this. Is there a way to take the
> Curl product and invoke a HTTPS call without using the command line. We
> have a real time environment and would like to make the necessary calls
> to create a HTTPS request from a Web application. Thanks again..

Yes there is.

Curl is using the library libcurl for all file tranfers. Any application can
be made to use that library and thus use do everything with function calls
instead of using command lines. There's a separate mailing ling for
discussions and help around this.

Another option would be to use PHP4 as that can be built with built-in
support for libcurl in that manner. It can then do direct calls to the curl
engine that performs the transfers and other operations.

Please do not post these kinds of general curl questions privately to me, do
post them to the curl mailing list instead!

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77