Re: Max Get Limit

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 12:37:01 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Tom Kucera wrote:

> Is there a max. amount of data that curl will return?

No.

> I'm using the below code to extract web pages, but for this one page it
> never returns all of the data. It stops returning near the bottom. Every
> time I run it, it stops in a different place. However curl says that it
> succesfully completed even though a couple of lines from the page are
> missing.

I've seen it happen before, although it has never been shown to be curl's
fault. It is usually because of a silly server, firewall, proxy or something
else that breaks the connection.

There is nothing in curl that can overflow or reach a maximum level. I've
personally downloaded _very_ large files with curl with no problems at all.

> Thoughts?

Do you get the same effect from other sites? What OS and curl version are you
using?