Re: curl binaries for Linux

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:14:30 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Troy Engel wrote:

> Is 7.5.2 coming online soon (~1wk), or will 7.5.1 be the stable release
> for awhile? I think there's one patch necessary?

I'm gonna try to spend next week away from computers (more or less) so I
won't release any post-7.5.1 version until early next year (there's a
7.5.2-pre1 release for the ones who can't wait).

7.5.1 needs at least one, or preferably two, patches to get real solid
(getting the latest src/main.c from the CVS should do it). Both these
problems are in the client code, not the lib.

Actually, if anyone desperately wants a 7.5.1 RPM they can always get what
others have built at http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=curl.

Please do not consider my "there's no current RPM" statement as a complaint
on you. The world is filled with people who could have submitted RPMs to me
but they didn't.