Re: buildinh 7.5.1 on Redhat 5.2 as user

From: David West <dhw_at_thedance.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:44:50 -0500

Daniel wrote:

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../src -I../include -g -O2 -c file.c -fPIC -DPIC -o
   .libs/file.l
> In file included from urldata.h:95,
> from file.c:97:
> timeval.h:55: redefinition of `struct timeval'

   This seems as if your configure script didn't find the gettimeofday function,
   which seems odd. Can you verify that?

Just to be safe I rm'ed the curl-7.5.1 directory and unpacked the tarball again.
configure says that gettimeofday was found.
Its prototype is in fact in /usr/include/sys/time.h

By the way, after running configure, config.h is empty except for two
lines of comments. Does this just mean a completely standard system?

> In file included from file.c:97:
> urldata.h:174: field `serv_addr' has incomplete type

   This is because there's a lack of some include file.

sockaddr_in is in /usr/include/netinet/in.h, which exists.

Have to stop here as the connection is about to go down.

-David