Let me explain...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:40:39 +0100 (MET)

... the recent flood of memory bugs in src/main.c

I feel I owe you this, as this explosion is a bit unusual for curl.

Anyway, I made my memory debug system output any case where there is a
malloc() without a corresponding free().

Strictly speaking, those errors are only really harmful when found in the
library, as the client code will exit anyway and everything will be freed.
But, for completeness, I included the memory debug system all over.

When I wrote my test suite, I've made it check the memory debug results after
each test and this way I could fight all leaks that occurred. It then also
forced me to clean up the memory usage in the client code as well.

Unfortunately, I didn't fully realize how the urlglobbing worked together
with the rest of the code (as that piece of code has been conitrbuted by
Jörn) and now we've had to fight these bugs as a result of that.

I'm sorry for the inconviniances and I hope you help me get over these
problems.

Thanks for your patience.