Re: 7.5 Problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:00:09 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Paul Harrington wrote:

> Okay compiled with -g its still Segmentation fault. I don't seem to be
> getting a core dump any ideas why not? Its not one of these programs
> that deliberately doesn't core when using SSL?

No it isn't.

Annoying. The next step would be to run the exact same command line using a
debugger.

If your system has shared libraries, you have to invoke the debugger with
libtool in a manner similar to:

 % ./libtool --mode=execute gdb src/curl

(as the src/curl is a shell script until you install curl)

If you don't have shared libraries or ran configure with --diable-shared, you
can invoke the debugger on curl the normal way.

If there's any way I can attempt this, please let me know.