Re: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server:

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 08:58:58 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Steve Bassi wrote:

> I installed curl into /usr/local/curl on my cobalt RAQ3 and configured
> with SSL and ran the tests which all returned ok.
>
> (php4 is installed in /usr/local/php
> & mysql is in /usr/local/mysql)
>
> I then configured php4 with curl
> ./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs --with-curl=/usr/local/curl
>
> When i restart the server I get the following:
>
> [root_at_www php-4.0.3pl1]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
> Setting up Web Service: Syntax error on line 32
> of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server: libcurl.so.0:
> /usr/sbin/httpd

I think this is a PHP problem rather than a curl one. Especially as you say
curl runs fine.

I think this is a HTTP server/php4 setup issue. When apache loads the
libphp4.so, it detects that it also needs to load the libcurl.so object. But,
it seems as if the full path to the libcurl.so file is not included in libphp
and then, since libcurl is stored in a separate custom directory, it doesn't
find it.

I suspect you can insert a line similar to the one below here, to the apache
startup script to make it find the libcurl.so file:

 LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/lib/:/usr/local/curl/lib"
 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

... or you can try to just set the variables first in the shell you start
apache from to see that it works.