Re: anything for the upcoming release?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 08:03:32 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Andres Garcia wrote:

> > Actually, curl -l ftp://blabla lists both directories and files.

> Up until now I had only tried it with the wu-ftpd server that comes with
> RedHat and it always returned just the files without the directories.

That's weird. Well, page 33 in the RFC959 says the command shall "return a
stream of names of files and no other information."

I've always interpreted that as all entries of a directory, not just the
files...

> Is there a way to test the NLST command using telnet so I can check
> whether it is the server fault?

Not easily, since that second connection must get connected. I can easily get
my solaris ftp command to use NLST (using 'ls') which can be seen if I switch
on debug.

Curl does no parsing at all on directory listings. It just transfers the data
the server sends. If only files are sent, the server has decided to do so.