VC++ 6

From: Kevin P Roth <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:28:08 -0600

Attached are makefiles that seem to work OK for compiling libcurl and curl under VC++ 6.0 SP4 and Windows NT Workstation 4.0 SP6a. They were generated by setting up projects for libcurl and curl in the VC IDE (more or less following the suggestions in docs/Install) and then simply Exporting the Makefiles for the projects directly from within VC++'s IDE. As such, they are large and bulky, but I'm sending them in in case they work better for someone than the makefile.vc6's currently supplied with curl.

If anyone wants my project files too, I'd be happy to zip them up and send them in.

VC6 likes to create 2 different build scenarios by default: Debug and Release. Since I didn't mess with that at all, you'll see these two options in both attached files. They compile (including intermediate files as well as compiled results) into sub-directories called (obviously enough) Release and Debug. The default setting appears to be Debug, but there are notes in the two files for switching to release...

--Kevin

  • application/octet-stream attachment: curl.mak