Re: platform winnt4 and VisualC 6.0

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:18:34 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Juhani Olkku wrote:

> I was earlier trying to compile whole curl project and little test case
> using easy interface or functions to make simple software.
>
> Now i realized that i don't have to use easy, because there is another
> way without easy libs, right?

The easy interface is not a separate lib. The curl easy interface is what
libcurl offers. There are plans of a more low level interface, although those
are still plans and ideas, not yet realized.

> Whole mess started when i cannot compile 'writeout.c' some reason.

The writeout.c file is not part of the library and doesn't need to be
compiled for libcurl to work. If the Makefile in the lib directory contains
writeout.c it is a mistake that can be easily corrected. Remove it.

> Can any give little test source without easy?

There is no current way to retrieve files with libcurl without using the easy
interface.