Re: curl seg fault in debian

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:12:32 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Joel Dudley wrote:

(Cc'ed to the curl mailing list.)

> Whenever we attempt to execute curl in potato like so:
>
> curl -L -b cookie http://12.46.144.5/tellerp0v4/Login/Login
>
> We get a segmentation fault.
>
> But on woody with 2.4-test9 kernel (haven't tested it with 2.2.17 on
> woody). It works fine. Bot packages were installed via apt-get.
>
> Is this package broken in potato?

I really can't tell based on this only. It shouldn't have anything to do with
kernel versions.

What curl version is this? What kind of headers do the server reply? What's
in that cookie file of yours?

Did you try getting a recent curl version to see if the bug is still present?
The apt-gettable versions are always lagging behind.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77