Re: Compile problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:14:04 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Kingsley Tart wrote:

> I'm using:
> - cURL 7.4.1
> - Slackware Linux 7 with 2.2.16 kernel
> - openssl
> - gcc compiler (cc is symlinked to it anyway)
>
> I did this:
> - ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
> - make
> - make install
>
> When I try to run cURL to an https resource, I get this error:
> curl: (1) SSL is disabled, https: not supported!
>
> I have tried the things in the FAQ on the cURL site but nothing I try
> makes any difference.
>
> config.log contains (amongst others) these lines:

[snip]

That part in the log has nothing to do with the OpenSSL detetection or use.
It is normal for some configure tests to fail, that was one of those tests.

What is important, is did configure find both the crypto and ssl libs
properly? Did it correctly find 6 openssl include files?

Show us those lines of the configure output instead.

BTW, you didn't mention what OpenSSL version you're working with here.