Re: how to install curl in unix not as root

From: clemensF <rabat_at_web.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 18:36:39 +0100

> Fiona Tam:

> Installed Openssl and Curl in my local directories on a Unix machine. I
> don't have permission to write in /usr ,/lib ...
>
> curl gives an error:
> ld.so.1: curl: fatal: libcurl.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory

find out in the dynamic library loader's man page ld(1) or so, which
environment variable carries a load-path for .so files. it might me
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LD_RUN_PATH, and make it contain the directory name
of where libcurl.so.0 is situated. like so:

#!/bin/sh
export PATH="/your/dir/curl/bin:$PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/your/dir/curl/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
curl ${1+"$@"}

if you put this into a little script...

clemens