Re: HPUX can't find crypto

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:39:54 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Eduardo Reis wrote:

> I think I cannot give more info, but if you need anything else please
> please tell me.

This is enough.

Check out the configure output:

checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... no

... it doesn't find the libssl. Or it doesn't find a libssl that works
correctly. A guess here is that you need to read the FAQ item 2.1.2:

  2.1.2. only the libssl lib is missing

  If all include files and the libcrypto lib is present, with only the
  libssl being missing according to configure, this is mostly likely because
  a few functions are left out from the libssl.

  If the function names missing include RSA or RSAREF you can be certain
  that this is because libssl requires the RSA and RSASEF libs to build.

  See the INSTALL file section that explains how to add those libs to
  configure. Make sure that you remove the config.cache file before you
  rerun configure with the new flags.

... one of these days, I hope someone who have one of these systems will
write a configure test for this condition...