ENV vars in config files?

From: Kevin P Roth <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 07:23:46 -0600

Just wondering if it would be easy to allow the use of ENVironment variables in config files. I know curl is already reading these variables for proxy settings, so it seems like the code needed is probably already laying around.

I'm thinking an example would look something like:

 $ curl -K config.txt http://www.domyjob.com/form.asp

with config.txt containing:

   # some POST variables, including one set via ENV var
   -d last=roth&first=kevin&phone=<%PHONENUMBER%>

I'm not necessarily suggesting <%--%> as the delimiters, but hopefully the intent is clear.

--Kevin