Re: Lib files for VC++

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:43:30 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Shlomit Lisser wrote:

> In the archive - in curl-7.4.1.tar.gz/curl-7.4.1/lib/ there is a makefile
> for VC6 which create the libcurl.dll.

Yes there is.

> I guess that someone had compiled the curl and the Openssl in VC++, is it
> possible to get the .lib files?

Yes, at least I know people have compiled curl. That's what that Makefile is
there for.

I personally don't have any .lib files, but there might be someone else
reading this that can help you out on this.

> Its impossible to compile the SSl libs from the downloaded source files.

With VC++ it might be, but since there are OpenSSL libs for windows they must
have been compiled somehow.

Get the OpenSSL zip archive from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

> and I'll be happy to get also libcurl.lib

Get the libcurl win32 devel archive on the above page. I think that fills
your neeed.