curl + form question

From: anand v <objectmulti_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:49:01 GMT

Hi,

I have RedHat 6.0 and I have installed curl and this is the
version I have curl 7.4.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu)
libcurl 7.4.1 (SSL 0.9.5)

and I have downloaded formfind.pl from curl home page and ran like this

[root@ofsnet infonuggets]# formfind.pl http://www.weather.com/

and here is the output I got

--- FORM report. Uses POST to URL "/cgi-bin/uncgi/zip_city_search.cgi"
Input: destination (TEXT)
Button: "Go" (IMAGE)
--- end of FORM
--- FORM report. Uses POST to URL "/cgi-bin/uncgi/site_jump.pl"
Select: destination
Input: action=go (HIDDEN)
Button: "" (IMAGE)
--- end of FORM
--- FORM report. Uses POST to URL
"http://cgi.weather.com/cgi-bin/texis/webinato
r/search/"
Input: arg (TEXT)
Input: proximity=rank (HIDDEN)
Input: suffixproc=max (HIDDEN)
Input: cmd (IMAGE)
--- end of FORM
and then I did this

curl -F destination="75025"
http://www.weather.com/cgi-bin/uncgi/zip_city_search

But I got the result like this

[root_at_ofsnet infonuggets]# weather
failed to telnet to weather server

What am I doing wrong? In fact I could never make curl to
retreieve the data from a form?? Could any one please give
some examples of curl actually getting data from a form
URL????

I have tried like travelocity, oag.com and expedia.com
and more or less I could not succeed and I have used
formfind.pl and then used curl with -F option

Thanks

Anand

.cgi