Re: Is it Curl or PHP that's the problem?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:22:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Thomas Deliduka wrote:

> I have this php script I have been working on today and it doesn't work
> so I made a test script. The problem is that the CURLOPT_REFERER option
> doesn't seem to work.

If you run the curl tool, does it work then?

I just issued the following little test:

% curl -e http:/foo.com -Iv haxx.se
* Connected to haxx.se (195.163.138.21)
> HEAD / HTTP/1.0
Host: haxx.se:80
Pragma: no-cache
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
Referer: http:/foo.com

... and it certainly seems to work as supposed.

> Now, The script I need this to work with is for an e-commerce charging
> site and it needs a valid referer before It can work. Is this a bug in
> Curl or in PHP?

If you can show this problem when running 'curl' I'd say it is a curl
problem. If you can't, I'd point my finger on the PHP layer for the curl
stuff.