RE: Can't get into an https site with curl latest vertion

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:59:03 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Shlomit Lisser wrote:

> Do I need to send some key? The curl does not deals with it????

Curl itself doesn't do the SSL stuff, it uses the OpenSSL library that does
all the SSL/encryption work.

> curl -s -o E:\TEMP\tmp24958.crl -i -3
> https://vault.sbmonline.com:443/sbmtest1/clicgi/cgi-bin/accntSum
>
> should i do anything else???

I don't think so.

You could of course use -v to get more verbose debug information that'll help
to debug this.

> usually the curl works great it is only with some problematic site that
> it doesn't...

This is an OpenSSL problem.

A quick search in the OpenSSL user mailing list archive showed that others
have experienced this problem as well:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?method=and&format=short&config=openssl-users_openssl_org&restrict=&exclude=&words=Insufficient+encryption

... however I couldn't find any solution to it posted.

I'd suggest you susbcribe to the OpenSSL mailing list and post your question
there!