Re: How to upload to HTTPS site

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:53:35 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 Santosh_Daryani_at_aoncons.com wrote:

> I am having trouble uploading a file to a https site using curl, however
> I was able to download witout any errors.
>
> I used curl -T/ somefile.txt -u/ userid:password
> https://somesite.com/uploadfolder

I doubt that. Those weird / letters don't really fit with curl's view of
things.

> <h2>HTTP Error 401</h2>

> resource</strong></p>

> Any help on this is appreciated

You tried to talk to the admins of the site that runs the service you post
to? Are you using the correct post method? Are you using the correct
name+password? Is that site perhaps an evil MS crap-server requiring a
proprietary authorization protocol?

You should include at least some of the headers from the reply, that would
give us lots of more hints.

--
Daniel Stenberg - curl maintainer