Perl interface for curl

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:56:18 +0200

Hi,

i'm proud to announce the first version of my perl interface for cURL. ;-)
You may dowload it from http://koblenz-net.de/~horn/export/Curl.tgz

Be warned, this release may contain bugs, crash your computer or
kill your cat, and it is not fully functional, as a few options of
curl_easy_setopt() do not work yet! I think i have to dive deeper
into programming perl extensions to complete this. Any help is welcome
here. From the Changes file:

    - passing function pointers doesn't work (options WRITEFUNCTION,
      READFUNCTION and PROGRESSFUNCTION).
    - passing FILE * pointers doesn't work (options FILE, INFILE and
      WRITEHEADER).
    - passing linked lists doesn't work (options HTTPHEADER and
      HTTPPOST).
    - setting the buffer where to store error messages in doesn't work
      (option ERRORBUFFER).

But at least, it can fetch urls and is faster than calling curl via
system().

However, it seems as if libcurl has a memory leak. As a quick test,
i fetched the same url 1000 times, and the memory usage grows and grows...
Using the lib this took about 14 seconds, calling curl via system it took
about 46 seconds.

Bye,
Georg