Re: compile error curl-7.3 library

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:47:39 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, T. Bharath wrote:

> When i try to compile the source for curl-7.3 library i get the
> following errors in url.c
> ifr' uses undefined struct 'ifreq'
> ENOTSOCK' : undeclared identifier
>
> I guess ENOTSOCK is not a standard error constant since i could not find
> it in "errorno.h" or in msdn help.So where is it defined.
>
> Where is the structure ifreq defined
> I downloaded the source from ftp://ftp.rge.com/pub/networking/curl/

I assume it is once again a case where the mingw32 compiler differ from the
MSVC compiler and thus Jörn had no problems compiling it with mingw32.

We probably need some more #ifdef magic for that section. I need help with
this, I don't have MSVC.

> One more thing when i try to download the source for curl-7.4-pre2.tar.gz
> from http://curl.haxx.se/beta/ and unzip it,winzip does not seem to
> recognize it and throws up the add files to archive dialog.

Poor winzip.

> I did face this problem when i tried to download some other versions from
> the download page and i had to download them from the mirrors.

Hm, can you explain then how the packages automatically heal themselves when
they are moved from my site to the mirrors? :*)

The packages origin from my site you know. If you could unpack a mirrored
*.tar.gz file, you should be able to unpack the original ones.

> This time since there is no copy of the beta available at the mirrors iam
> stuck.I guess there is some problem in packaging Any help would be
> appreciated

I verified again that 7.4-pre2 works. It does. I've used the exact same
packaging method to build .tar.gz packages of curl for many years by now. I
can't see why it has stopped working now...

Anyone else has any clues?