Re: curl-ssl with rsaref

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 12:03:42 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Thomas Deliduka wrote:

> If your SSL library was compiled with rsaref (usually for use in the United
> States), you may also need to set:
> LIBS=-lRSAglue -lrsaref
>
> But what's the whole syntax? I have tried this:
> LIBS=-lRSAglue -lrsaref ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/curl --with-ssl
> and get:
> bash: -lrsaref: command not found
>
> I try:
> LIBS="-lRSAglue -lrsaref" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/curl
> --with-ssl

The second version looks better.

> checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
> create executables.
>
> Log says:
> gcc -o conftest conftest.c -lRSAglue -lrsaref 1>&5 /usr/bin/ld:
> cannot open -lRSAglue: No such file or directory
>
> What the heck is going on? How can I add this line?

That's a good question. I've never done it myself, although I know other
people have.

Obviosly, when you add libs with LDLIBS you get the appended on every compile
line in the configure script that thus the libs must exist in the standard
places for that to work. You could try to add a
"LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/ssl/lib" as well, as that would tell the linker where
to look for the ssl libs.

> If I do neither of these things when I do the configure with just the
> everything past ./configure it hits this wall:
>
> configure:3195: checking for SSL_connect in -lssl
> configure:3214: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl
> -I/usr/local/ssl/include conftest.c -lssl -lcrypto -ldl
> -L/usr/local/ssl/lib 1>&5 /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(rsa_lib.o): In
> function `RSA_new_method': rsa_lib.o(.text+0x1e): undefined reference to
> `RSA_PKCS1_RSAref'

... which seems to be because it lacks the -lrsaref switch...