Re: stop-command / C++ wrapper

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:14:31 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Thomas Ko wrote:

> I'm writing a wrapper class in C++ for curl. - I want to add a
> STOP-Command to stop an ongoing transfer. The only way I see to handle
> this is to install a callback-function and return an error. - that would
> abort the transfer. - or how should I do that???

That is currently the only available option, yes. Another one would of course
be to kill the whole process.

> Do you plan to include a stop-command or something more elegant?

I have no plans in that direction, as I haven't heard from anyone with a need
for it! :-)

If you would design the perfect stop-command, how would it work?

> The class will be thread-safe and is based on 7.2.1 . All the features
> that are in 7.2.1 are enabled.

Cool!

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77