Re: new development choices/teams

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:24:43 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Janne Johansson wrote:

> > * FTP operations through HTTP proxies (using the HTTP CONNECT request to
> > connect)
>
> I have such a setup here, we normally go through a 128kbit, but I have a
> proxy that's connected to a 10Mbit, so I'd like to test ftp-proxying.

Okej, if you get the latest stuff from the CVS now you'll get the initial
attempt to support "everything-through-http-proxy-tunnel". The first steps
have been taken to allow all protocols support by curl to get performed this
way. FTP is so far the only protocol that should work(*).

I could roll out a beta archive if that would make things easier?

This message is not only directed to Janne. All of you that are interested
are of course free to get it and test it.

> (And it works for netscape =)

Gosh!

> krb4-ftp? =)

I started out working on krb4-ftp a while ago and I found it to be a bit more
work than I first anticipated.

krb4-ftp is still mentioned in the curl TODO file and I still would like to
get it added, although I would like to get help with doing it. Anyone?

(*) = I don't have any http proxy setup this way and therefore I haven't
really seen it work. Be prepared to report detailed bug reports.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77