Client certicates with cURL

From: Gautier Philippe <pgautier_at_centralweb.fr>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:06:31 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to use it in a SSL environment but I'm not sure to do the rigth
things.
I've 2 www sites configured with their own official certificates. At site
1, I say I require client certificates. AT site 2 I use cURL to connect to
SIte 1 and therefore I specify the client certificate via -E. So I give to
-E the site 2 verisign certifcate in pem format. Then I get a 35 message error.

I understand from the cURL doc, I need to concatenate the private key (pem)
to the Certificate (also pem). But how can I get the private Key from my
Site 1 certificate (as it is a server certificate).
I think I'm doing something wrong, but It seems to me a server can also be
a client to another server, so I guess my server certificate be usable as a
client certificate. I use IIS5 to generate keys.

Thanks for help.

Philippe Gautier
CentralWeb, L'Internet au service de l'entreprise

Velizy Espace - Le Coli
13 Avenue Morane Saulnier
78140 Velizy
Tel. : 01 30 70 09 09 / +33 1 30 70 09 09
Fax. : 01 39 45 90 71 / +33 1 39 45 90 71
Email : pgautier_at_centralweb.fr
WWW : http://www.centralweb.fr