Re: Couldn't resolv host on HP-UX

From: Fred Noz <FNoz_at_siac.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:11:52 -0400

Curl 7.2 with Albert Chin-A-Young's patch compiles and runs correctly
on HP-UX 10.20. Configure correctly identifies that gethostbyname_r()
takes 3 arguments and gethostbyaddr_r() takes 5 arguments. The buffer
size of 8192 seems to be fine on my system that uses DNS to resolve
host names.

It also compiles and runs on HP-UX 11 where gethostbyname() and
gethostbyaddr() are reentrant. It compiles and runs on Red Hat
Linux 6.2 as well.

Note that in all cases I am linking with SSL. On the HP systems,
I am using gcc 2.95.2.

About the license: Feel free to include any tiny bits of code I
contributed in any open source license. Question: How does Red Hat
manage to include GNU software and Netscape on the same CD?

        - Fred Noz
        New York City, USA