Re: encoding unsafe characters (with 7.1.1)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:42:20 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Albert Chin-A-Young wrote:

> % curl 'http://www.yahoo.com/?foo[]=1'
> error: illegal character in range specification at pos 27
>
> Shouldn't curl automatically encode unsafe characters? Wget and lftp
> currently do.

Well, perhaps it should. The problem here with the []-letters is that curl
treats them special. They're used to set a range when getting multiple URLs,
so we can't just 'encode' them, but we would need to figure out they're not
used for multiple URLs first.

I'm not sure how this would be improved the best way...

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77