RE: redirect

From: Filip Hanik <fhanik_at_xmarksthespot.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:59:33 -0700

I was under the impression that the -L would simple try to post to the new
URL, that is not what I want.
this is how it works

1. I do a post to login script
2. the script validates my username and password
3. If authentication comes through fine the web server returns a redirect
4. the browser executes a GET on that redirect

in step 4 (with -L) curl attempts to do a POST on the redirect, hence an
error gets thrown saying this page doesn't allow POST

any ideas?

Filip