vprintf() error

From: Claude Cormier <techsupport_at_devises-or.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 12:18:23 -0400

Hello again Daniel,

I am progressing very slowly on this vprintf() error. But at least I am
progressing.

I found out that that the problem originate from the "configure" file
within the cURL package. In there, a constant named HAVE_VPRINTF is
defined or not depending on some test that appears to check if vprintf()
is avail. Obviously, the test fails and the constant is not defined. Not
being defined, configure generates a config.h file that doesn't contains
the #define HAVE_VPRINTF 1 statement. And the error message below is
therefore generated by from url.c

What can you tell me about this "configure" ? They appear to be
generated by a utility named "autoconf". But what is the source of
autoconf? DO you know about that test being performed to verify the
availibility of vprintf().

BTW I tried the suggestion in the KNOW PROBLEMS section of your
installation page but to no avail. I get the same error when doing a
make in the lib directory.

Any idea on what should be my next step (other than trying to understand
that piece of code in "configure") ?