Re: HTTP 1.1 POST

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:58:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On 10 Aug 2000, Balaji S Rao wrote:

> How can a HTTP 1.1 POST be accomplished using CURL. If I want to POST to
> a particular URL without the default application/x-form-www-urlencoded
> but rather a custom Content-type, say application/xml.

Then I don't think -d is what you want. -d is mainly for filling out HTML
forms and submit data to CGIs and similarly. They mostly don't even know what
kind of Content-type the POST is made with.

> I tried POST using -d and -H specifying custom headers, but it appears
> that curl always appends a default encoding.

That's a mistake. I'll correct that in the next release.

Still, what are you trying to accomplish with this Content-type thing? Isn't
a -F post what you really want? Using that, you can control content-type
too...

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77