AHA! (Re: can't build 7.1 without SSL)

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 08:56:25 -0700

Troy Engel wrote:

> Good god, I'll never understand what happened. I decided to reboot the
> whole machine, start all over again, and now ldd is happy:

And I just finally figured out what the problem was -- I had the SSL
libcurl.so* already *installed* in the normal LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so when
RPM ran it's automatic "what's this package need" script, it found my
SSL version and somehow bound that to the non-ssl package I was trying
to build. Grrr, now it all makes sense.

-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
Perl is just another tool in the Unix toolbox. Perl does one thing,