can't build 7.1 without SSL

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 00:00:46 -0700

Blllaaaahhh. Ok, I give up -- I fought this this morning, and continued
when I got home from work - can't seem to build curl --without-ssl now.
Configure indicates it's disabling SSL, and config.h doesn't have any of
the HAVE_SSL stuff defined, so we're fine there.

I've watched the compiler output religiously, and nothing is appearing
to be out of order -- there's no explicit -lssl or -lcrypto anywhere, I
captured my make output and grepped it.

So, what's the deal? It appears that lib/setup.h check for USE_SSLEAY
must be sneaking through, *or* somewhere in the process is a weirdo
implicit link to the SSL libraries or something. Help, I'm going crazy
trying to find it!

thx,
-te

PS: should we package libcurl and curl seperately? hardly seems worth
it, but....[shrug]. I'm already making a new -devel package with that
stuff.

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
Perl is just another tool in the Unix toolbox. Perl does one thing,