Re: OT: Content-Location

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 08:51:14 -0700

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Bigtime web-hacker me doesn't even know how a "BASE REF" works. :-)

Hehe. Basically, you say <BASE REF="http://www.foo.com"> in the header
of your HTML. Any relative links from an absolute root (img
src=/images/my.jpg) will be specifically retreived from the BASE REF
server; it's a handy way to deal with embedded frames being pulled from
different servers, to ensure the browser asks the right server for the
right content.

So, since I can't inject a BASE REF into the HTML stream proper, I was
hoping to do a little header magic to achieve the same goal.

> Besides, experience tells that just because it is in the HTTP RFC doesn't
> mean the browsers have bothered to implement it.

Oiy, tell it like it is, brother! It's even doubly hard to debug,
because Netscape barfs on a missing CSS, whereas IE just ignores the
problem. Ugh, plooey.

-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
Perl is just another tool in the Unix toolbox. Perl does one thing,