RE: 7.0.11beta - missing case insensitive compares

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:51:51 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Rich Gray wrote:

> cc -o curl main.o hugehelp.o urlglob.o ../lib/.libs/libcurl.a -ldl -lnsl
> -lsocke
> Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
> stricmp main.o
> strnicmp main.o
> UX:ld: ERROR: curl: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output

> Gotta dig back and remember what we did for this on 6.5.2...

Hm, I had forgot to remove the silly defines in the src/setup.h file. We have
a portable string compare function in the lib now that should be used for all
platforms.

To pass this, apply the attached patch! It removes the define and instead
puts the proper prototypes there. The prototypes should be moved to a lib
include file, but this should make it work.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77