OT: Content-Location

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:10:09 -0700

Totally off topic here, but maybe someone can help me learn a little;
today I was working with a perl CGI which generated the HTML stream, but
in the stream was a realtive referenced CSS file located near the actual
HTML page which called the CGI.

So, I thought I'd fire up the HTTP spec, and it appears there's a header
"Content-Location:" you can use to specifify the entity body. Of
course, I used curl to debug the stream (:-)) and my code spits out the
header as intended, but it doesn't seem to work how I thought it should.

I'm thinking this header directive is supposed to work like a BASE REF
does inside an HTML file; has anyone a different notion of how it
works? It seems like it's pretty much ignored by a browser....

-te
(for the curious: this is my implementation of the XML-XSLT perl
transform engine, it takes xml and xsl files as input to produce the
HTML. I'm then using curl to farm the site (the perlcgi is rather slow)
into static HTML docs.)

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
Perl is just another tool in the Unix toolbox. Perl does one thing,