Re: AW: curl -L problems on Win32

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:35:25 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 Joern.Hartroth_at_comma-soft.com wrote:

> This looks like a hot track. I get the error whenever I use the
> environment setting (both for ALL_PROXY and HTTP_PROXY) but there is no
> error when I use the "-x" cmdline parameter.

I thought it might be so... :-/

> I just checked some of the older versions and found that curl-6.5.2
> correctly follows the redir on http://www.ibm.de/, curl-7.0.1beta does
> not follow the redir (bot doesn't crash either) and all versions from
> 7.0.8 die with the above error.

v7 got most the location engine refurnished and at some point in the beta
series I changed the environment variable stuff which must've ruined it this
bad...

> Seems like something broke in between. Do you feel like tracking that
> down or do you want me to check it out (might take a while, though)?

Well, if you get the opportunity before I've posted anything that proves to
work, it does of course help if you'd do some digging in your end.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77