RE: I want the SSL certificate expiration date

From: <Nico.Baggus_at_mail.ing.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:22:29 +0100

Hi,

How about the following,
type/read the .PEM file with your favorite
editor and look for the certificate header:
then find something along:

-----8<------

Certificate:
        Version: 3 (0x2)
        Serial Number: 5 (0x5)
        Signature Algorithm: md5WithRSAEncryption
        Issuer: C=<CountryCode>, ST=<State>, L=<City>, O=<Organisation>,
OU=<Organisational Unit>, CN=<Comment>
        Validity
            Not Before: Aug 20 09:22:57 1999 GMT
            Not After : Aug 18 09:22:57 2004 GMT
        Subject: C=<CountryCode>, ST=<State>, L=<City>, O=<Organisation>,
OU=<Organisational Unit>, CN=<Comment>
        Subject Public Key Info:
            Public Key Algorithm: rsaEncryption
  ----8<----

The validity part says it all..... valid between
20 Aug 1999 -> 18 Aug 2004 at the specified times.

Hope it helped,

Regards,
Nico Baggus

PLEASE NOTE:
The information contained in this electronic mail message is
privileged and confidential, and is intended only for use of the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other
use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without
copying or disclosing it.