HTTPS handshake bug ?

From: <kamadoll_at_excite.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 02:14:46 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to connect to an HTTPS server with Curl-OpenSSL 0.9.4
For some reason this particular server ends up timing out
consistently - I traced the problem to be the select call in
download.c which is in a timeout loop until the remote server
closes the connection

A parallel implementation based on the Micro$oft WinInet library
transacts the same business without a problem. Any clues ?

I can connect to other https servers just fine - its just the
particular one which is an issue - and yes it is running
IIS.