RE: Install on RH6.0

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 16:18:30 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Scott D. Allen wrote:

> There are libssl/libcrypto files in the lib directory, but they are .a
> files....not .so.0 files. I'm not sure if this is what is needed or what.

They're .a files on my systems as well.

So, try this, after you've run the configure script, edit the lib/Makefile
and add -DUSE_SSLEAY -DUSE_OPENSSL to the CPPFLAGS and -lssl -lcrypto to the
LIBS line.

The secion should look something like:

DEFS = -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I$(srcdir) -I.. -I../src
CPPFLAGS = -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/usr/local/ssl/include
 -DUSE_SSLEAY -DUSE_OPENSSL
LDFLAGS =
LIBS = -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lsocket -lnsl -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
libcurl_a_LIBADD =

note: the CPPFLAGS should be one single line, not two as it is shown with
here.

This will force the lib to compile and build with openssl support. If
everything is ok, it will build without errors. I still don't see why
configure won't find SSL_connect() though. Since that is vital even for curl,
not finding that when linking curl will not be good...

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77