Re: sending requests to secure netscape server & getting HTML pages i n return

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 09:20:21 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Arora Meenakshi wrote:

You spamming us with many many questions in separate mails will not make
anything happen faster and will only annoy us and make us hostile. Please be
sensible, ask sensible questions and allow some time for us to answer.

> Please could u tell me that libcurl would be able to help me out in sending
> requests of the format say,
> https://myserver//mypage?attr=val&attr2=val2

Yes, it can.

> if so , please tell me how to get the complete source with VC6 workspaces .

Download the source, read the INSTALL file.

You could also try reading the http://curl.haxx.nu/archive-2000-05/0053.html
thread to learn how Mark Rubin got curl compiled using VC6.

> i tried to download the files & included the into my project

Don't include them in a project, stay out of that crap and use the makefile.

> but its giving me a lot of compliation errors like file alloca.h not
> found , unistd.h not found & a lot more....

Try reading the VC6 makefile, and you'll see that it sets a few defines you
want. Like VC6.

> i am already using Libwww for the above support but found that it does
> not support https: so if u think this library would solve my problem
> please reply me soon & tell the quickest approach to get the mdp's too
> along with the sources

mdp?

And yes, you need a clue to use libcurl. It doesn't come with the archive.

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77