RE: Install on RH6.0

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:49:28 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Scott D. Allen wrote:

> I tried the RPM and it said that there were dependencies missing on
> libcrypto.so.0 libssl.so.0

> I'm assuming that this means that my OpenSSL is not installed correctly.
> Is that a good assumption?

Perhaps. My experience with rpms says that they depend on other rpms, not on
other actual libs. So if you didn't install openssl with an rpm, curl-ssl.rpm
won't know you have ssl and then it refuses to get installed. (Someone please
correct me here if I'm wrong!)

Did you run ldconfig?

In the directory in which you installed the openssl libs (I seem to have
installed mine in /usr/local/ssl/lib on my linux box), do you have both the
ssl and crypto libs there?

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77