Re: Accessing a client certificate store with OpenSSL (to pass a cert to libcurl)

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 01:10:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 17 May 2000 Mark_Rubin_at_factset.com wrote:

> What I don't know how to do--and maybe you can't do this--is use OpenSSL
> to fetch a client certificate that I've installed with IE on Windows (or
> even Netscape, although I used IE to install it) to then go translate
> into PEM format to feed to libcurl.

1. You start with hitting the 'security' menu button in netscape.

2. Select 'certificates->yours' and then pick a certificate in the list

3. Press the 'export' button

4. enter your PIN code for the certs

5. select a proper place to save it

6. Run the 'openssl' application. If you cd to the openssl installation, you
   can do it like:

  ./apps/openssl pkcs12 -certfile <the file you saved> -out <output PEMfile>

(NOTE, I didn't really do this operation myself right now, so I may have
missed some detail, but I've done it before)

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77