Re: Problems compiling libcurl 6.5.2 in VC6--corrected

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 19:35:43 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 15 May 2000 Mark_Rubin_at_factset.com wrote:

> I'm getting a compilation error and several warnings when compiling
> libcurl 6.5.2 in VC6. I read Wham Bang's and Daniel Stenberg's exchanges
> from March, but I'm still running into these, and I'm wondering if I'm
> doing something incorrect. I even downloaded the latest version of the
> libcurl files from cvs.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I never did anything about the
compiler warnings as I never did get any list of warnings.

However, the development of the new libcurl 7 has meant extensive changes in
the library code why reporting them now isn't really useful to me. The best
anyone could do in that area, would be if anyone would get the 'newlib'
tagged lib sources and go from there. That would of course be very
"developmentish" material.

> dict.c, download.c, ftp.c, http.c, url.c report that pgrsDone and
> pgrsTime are undefined. Including their declarations in the progress.h
> header fixes this, but have I missed something else?

I actually noticed this a while ago and fixed it. In the newlib tagged
sources.

> I get a bunch of other warnings involving the mixing of data types of
> various precisions and types and a couple involving unreferenced
> variables. It shouldn't be too hard to get rid of these with some
> casting or retyping, but given the exchanges between Wham Bang and
> Daniel, I thought these might have already been fixed. Am I leaving
> something out or doing something wrong in my compilation?

You're just seeing the results of unfinished work! ;-)

So what is the compiler error you mentioned? AFAIU, those were all warnings?

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77