Problems compiling libcurl 6.5.2 in VC6

From: <Mark_Rubin_at_factset.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 08:42:25 -0700

I'm getting a compilation error and several warnings when compiling libcurl
6.5.2 in VC6. I read Wham Bang's and Daniel Stenberg's exchanges from March,
but I'm still running into these, and I'm wondering if I'm doing something
incorrect. I even downloaded the latest version of the libcurl files from cvs.

Either using the original 6.5.2 or the latest source from cvs, here's what I
get:

dict.c, download.c, ftp.c, http.c, url.c report that pgrsDone and pgrsTime are
undefined. Including their declarations in the progress.h header fixes this,
but have I missed something else?

I get a bunch of other warnings involving the mixing of data types of various
precisions and types and a couple involving unreferenced variables. It
shouldn't be too hard to get rid of these with some casting or retyping, but
given the exchanges

Also, the config-win32.h has

 * This section is for compiler specific defines.*
#ifndef VC6 /* VC6 => Microsoft Visual C++ 6 */

/* Define if you have the <unistd.h> header file. */
#define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1

#endif

Shouldn't that be #ifdef VC6, and not #ifndef?

Thanks for any help,
Mark