POST problems

From: Don Laursen <donl_at_ismi.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 15:25:08 -0500

I'm having problems posting to some forms (the submit-a-url cgis at Excite
and Webcrawler) using curl -d. I've urlencoded the data and everything, and
I've had success using curl with some other forms, but when I try these two
forms, I get no response from the page and no error messages (even
tried -S). This is the command line I'm using:

curl -S -d
"Service=webcrawler&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eismi%2Enet%2F%7Edonl%2F&email=don
l%40ismi%2Enet&language=English&country=US&channel=Games&look=excite"
http://www.webcrawler.com/cgi-bin/add_url_new.cgi

I've also tried -F instead of -d, but that didn't help. Please let me know
if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's any way I can diagnose this
problem. It's frustrating not even getting an error message...

-Don