Re: Problem with Curl SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel.stenberg_at_netinsight.se>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 09:58:26 +0200

Lee Looi Fong wrote:

> > If it says that SSL is disabled, then you run a curl that was built
> > without OpenSSL.
>
> so it is more of the curl problem then SSL which i even tried to reinstall.

OpenSSL works just fine, you just have to make curl build properly with it.
This is a build-your-curl problem.

> ok. in fact, i tried both RPM and source-packages. When RPMs ssl version did
> not work, i downloaded the source and configure and make and install as you
> have said.
>
> firstly, i used the command "Configure -with-ssl" where my SSL directory is
> in usr/local/bin/ssl

That looks to me like a non-standard install path, and then I suggest you read
the INSTALL document how to specify the paths when running configure.

> strangely enough after "make" and "make install" the cURL cannot work with
> https even though i did specify ssl cURL.

The entire secret to this problem is found in the way configure is run. The
output from configure also tells if it found the OpenSSL files or not, and in
your case it obviously did not and then it built without them.

Do make sure, if you re-run configure in the same directory as you ran it
previously, that you remove the file config.cache between the invoves or else
configure with use the results from the previous runs instead.

If you still get problems with this, I suggest that you include more details in
your mail. Escpecially how you run configure and what configure says about the
openssl files in its output.

--
 Daniel Stenberg, Software Developer
 Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu, +46-705-443177, www.contactor.se/~dast