Re: Problem with Curl SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel.stenberg_at_netinsight.se>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 08:20:44 +0200

Lee Looi Fong wrote:

> whenever i run curl https it will say SSL disable even though there was
> already OpenSSL install though it might be an old version considering it was
> done months ago.

If it says that SSL is disabled, then you run a curl that was built without
OpenSSL.

"months ago" is not old enough for getting you trouble. Any version named
OpenSSL should be working with curl (AFAIK).

> i tried installing the rpm curl ssl packet but it will say that libssl and
> certain files are not found.

If you fail to install the ssl-version, then the ssl-version won't work(!)

I'm afraid this is a RPM issue that I'm not familiar with. If you didn't
install OpenSSL using an RPM then that might be the problem.

> anyway, my OS is Redhat Linux and i am having trouble trying to get my cURL
> to work.

I never install stuff like this using RPMs. I download the source-packages, I
configure, I make and I install. Then I don't get weird RPM problems! ;-)

--
 Daniel Stenberg, Software Developer
 Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu, +46-705-443177, www.contactor.se/~dast